- General Ophthalmology
- Surgical treatment of cataracts
- Bettendorf, IA
- Muscatine, IA
- Rock Island, IL
Hospitals and Surgery Center Affiliations:
- Spring Park Surgery Center
- Unity Point Hospital, Muscatine
- University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology, Comprehensive Ophthalmology Faculty Physician
- Ophthalmology Residency Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Internship: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Medical School: University of Iowa, IA City, IA
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Kutzbach B, Summers CG, Holleschau A, MacDonald JT. Neurodevelopment in children with albinism. Poster presented at the American Academy of Ophthalmology annual meeting, New Orleans, November 2007. Ophthalmology 115(10):1805-8, 1808.el-2. October 2008.
- Kutzbach B, Merrill K, Hogue K, Downes S, MacDonald JT, Holleschau A, Summers CG. Evaluation of vision-specific quality-of-life in albinism. Poster presented at AAPOS 4/07 meeting; Seattle, WA. JAAPOS. 13(2):191-5. April 2009. Epub January 2009.
- Torrelles J, DesJardin L, MacNeil J, Kaufman T, Kutzbach B, Knaup R, McCarthy T, Gurcha S, Besra G, Clegg S, Schlesinger L. Inactivation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis mannosyltransferase pimB reduces the cell wall lipoarabinomannan and lipomannan content and increases the rate of bacterial-induced human macrophage cell death. Glycobiology 19:743-55. July 2009.
- Kumar N, Leep Hunderfund AN, Kutzbach BR, Pulido JS, Miller GM. A Limbic Encephalitis MR Imaging in a Patient with Behcet Disease and Relapsing Polychondritis. Am J Neuroradiol 2009 Aug;30(7): E96. Epub 2009 April 22.
- Kutzbach BR, Kashiwagi DT, Couch SM, Burton MC. Diagnosis: the eyes have it. Am J Med 2010 Aug;123(8):e 1-2.
- Merrill K, Hogue K, Downes S, Holleschau AM, Kurtzbach BR, MacDonald JT, Summers CG. Reading Acuity in Albinism: Evaluation with MNREAD Charts. JAAPOS 2011 Feb;15(1):29-32.
- MacDonald J, Kutzbach B, Holleschau A, Wyckoff S, Summers CG. Reading skills in children and adults with albinism: the role of visual impairment. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 2012 May 1;49(3):184-8.
Activities and Honors:
- Serves as Eye Surgeons Associates Medical Director
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- Arthur Edward Mellinger Education Foundation Scholarship
- C.T. Brown Student Aid Award
- 2001-2002 American Cancer Society Student Stipend
- Iowa Medical Society Education Fund
- Free Medical Clinic Scholarship Award
- Weekly teaching awards 8/4/06 and 8/11/06 by fellow pediatric residents and supervised medical students, University of Minnesota Pediatrics Residency Program
- John A. Dyer, MD: In recognition of mentorship, leadership, and teamwork from the Mayo Clinic Department of Ophthalmology Rochester, MN
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology