ESA has invested in The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio. This leap in technology gives our doctor the ability to deliver a truly personalized LASIK procedure, one designed specifically for you.
When you choose the iDESIGN® Procedure, you’re choosing a procedure that:
- Takes fingerprint-of-the-eye measurements, giving you a truly one-of-a-kind, custom LASIK procedure
- Zooms in 25 times closer to the surface of your eye than conventional measurements – this gives our doctors a complete view of all the tiny imperfections of your eye
- According to a recent study, many patients have results better than 20/20 vision.
iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is the only system to use topography-integrated, wavefront-guided technology, which allows the doctor to take a precise measurement of the eye, inside and out, to deliver a LASIK procedure personalized to the individual patient. With this technology, ESA may be able to serve more patients than ever before, as it is approved for people with myopia, hyperopia, mixed astigmatism and for Monovision in presbyopic myopic patients.
The technology addresses the unique imperfections of a patient’s eyes by analyzing the entire visual system. This new level of patient personalization begins with five measurements taken in a single, one-click capture sequence. Each treatment plan begins with a wavefront analysis to measure how light travels inside the eye, detailing the imperfections in a patient’s vision. The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio then scans the outside surface of the eye, measuring and analyzing tiny variations in curvature and elevation. The combination of the two measurements delivers a one-of-a-kind LASIK procedure tailored for each patient.
iDESIGN® System is the only available LASIK technology platform indicated for Wavefront-guided Monovision LASIK in presbyopic myopic patients. Monovision is a procedure designed for patients over 40 years old who are experiencing blurry near vision due to aging of their eyes. 96% of patients reported a decrease in wearing glasses six months after Monovision LASIK.
If you would like to reduce or eliminate your need for glasses, schedule your free consult today to find out if you’re a good LASIK candidate, email: [email protected]
The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is indicated for the automatic measurement of wavefront aberrations (including coma, spherical aberrations, trefoil, and other higher order aberrations), corneal topography, pupillometry, keratometry, auto-refraction, and recording the refractive error of the eye; including myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and keratometry.
The iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is also indicated for the calculation of wavefront-guided Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) treatments for myopia, hyperopia, and mixed astigmatism, as well as monovision in myopic patients with presbyopia.
Refer to Chapter 1 in the STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System Operator’s Manual for applicable wavefront-guided LASIK treatment indications.
The licensed eye care practitioner should not rely upon results obtained from patients with refractive errors that exceed the specified range:
• Spherical equivalent range-16.0 D to + 12.0 ; cylinder range 0.0 D to 8.0 D
• Refer to Chapter 1 in the STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System Operator’s Manual for applicable wavefront-guided LASIK treatment contraindications.
Warnings and Precautions:
Refractive errors represent only one component of the complex human visual system. Before prescribing any type of optical correction based on this device’s output, a licensed eye care practitioner should always do the following:
• Confirm this device’s output with measurements obtained from other vision measurement sources.
• Be cautious of measurements from patients who have difficulty remaining still or focusing on the fixation target.
• The safety and effectiveness of the iDESIGN® Refractive Studio is not established in patients with a known opacity of the lens or cornea, including patients with cataracts, corneal scars, or dry eye syndrome.
• Refer to the STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser System Operator’s Manual for applicable wavefront-guided LASIK warnings and precautions.
Reference the Directions for Use labeling for a complete listing of Indications and Important Safety Information. LASIK may not be suitable for all patients. Individual results may vary. Ask for a complete list of risks and benefits associated with LASIK.
*Based on mathematical calculation: wavefront aberrometer = 0.01 D. Manifest refraction = 0.25 D. Manifest 0.25 ÷ wavefront aberrometer 0.01 = 25. 25X more precise.
The material contained in this article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider.